Reliable Truth: The Validity of the Bible in an Age of Skepticism
Read reviews on Amazon.
Email Us for Discount Bulk Orders.
We also offer a free study guide to accompany Reliable Truth. Simply enter your email address to get a copy.
What do science, history, and logic have to say about the reliability of the Bible? This book presents in a profound way how the Bible reflects the true nature of reality. Reliable Truth is about seeing the world as it is while debunking the myths, legends, and false beliefs about the Bible.
“There is a type of Christian faith which seems to be quite common where people accept a Christian belief that is not dependent on reason or evidence. They believe that any type of historical investigation on their part is not necessary. They seem to have no desire to know about Jesus as a person of history and seem to be content with such knowledge…I cannot share this point of view. I am profoundly convinced that the historic revelation of God and Jesus of Nazareth must be the cornerstone of any faith that is really Christian. Any historical questions about the real Jesus who lived in Palestine [twenty] centuries ago is therefore fundamentally important to develop a strong faith.”
– From the writings of Dr. Millar Burrows (1899-1980) Department Chairman of Near Eastern Language and Literature at Yale
“Richard Simmons has hit a homerun with this book.”
– Kevin Elko, author and sports consultant
“Reliable Truth answers the questions that both Christians and tough minded skeptics are asking. I highly recommend this book!”
– Chris Hodges, Senior Pastor, Church of the Highlands
“Great research and scholarship written in plain language we can all follow. Once I started, I found it hard to put down.”
– Drayton Nabers, Former Alabama Supreme Court Justice and CEO of Protective Life
“Richard Simmons has done an outstanding job. I highly recommend this book.”
– Frank Barker, Pastor Emeritus, Briarwood Presbyterian Church
“A much needed book in our day of relativism.”
– Tim Kallam, Senior Pastor, Mountain Brook Community Church
“This may be Richard Simmons’ best book yet, because Reliable Truth is what the world needs now.”
– Frank Limehouse, Dean, Church of the Advent
“Simmons provides convincing and convicting evidence for the reliability of the Bible; a great book to give to college students, and every pastor and Bible study leader needs to read it as well.”
– Gary Fenton, Senior Pastor, Dawson Baptist Church
“…a remarkably clear, concise, well-researched book undergirding the authority of the Bible in an age of skepticism.”
– Ed Hurly, Senior Pastor, South Highland Presbyterian
“Richard Simmons provides the kind of no nonsense scholarship that supports the Bible and Biblical Truth.”
– Rich Webster, Rector, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
“….this book takes on the most pressing questions of contemporary society and gives answers to them.”
– Doug Dortch, Senior Pastor, Mountain Brook Baptist Church
“Bravo! A skillful, powerful, and timely book…”
– Chuck Bently, CEO, Crown Ministries
“This book kept me sprinting to the footnotes, and even better, to the Bible.”
– Bill Morgan, Senior Pastor, Canterbury Methodist Church
“Richard Simmons makes a compelling case for why the Bible is what it claims to be: The Truth.”
– Larry Taunton, Executive Director, Fixed Point Foundation